Te Aō Marama continues to be an association that welcomes members from every part of the oral health and wider health sectors, who are committed to improving oral health outcomes for Māori
Membership is open to Māori who are:
- Dentists and Dental Specialists
- Dental Hygienists
- Dental Therapists
- Bachelor of oral health graduates
- Dental Technicians
- Oral Health Promoters and Educators
- Māori Oral Health Researchers
- Māori Oral Health Providers
- Dental Assistants and Administrators
- Oral health students
- Other health professionals/workers or those committed to Hauora Niho
Membership is also open to other health professionals who are committed to Hauora Niho and Hauora Māori.
Benefits to membership
- By becoming a member of Te Aō Marama you are making a contribution to our vision of ‘Hei oranga niho mo te iwi Māori’ – Good Oral health for Māori, for life.
- Representation on numerous boards and organisations. An opportunity to have your say.
- Keep up to date with issues pertaining to Māori oral health
- Entitlement to attend hui a tau with exposure to presentations from key people in the dental or general health sector
- Opportunity to network with colleagues in the dental field or a specialist area
- Opportunity to be involved with the mentoring programme and engage students
- Opportunities for continuing professional development
- Access to the members only login section of the Te Aō Marama website
- Receive Te Aō Marama Panui/Newsletters
Membership for Te Aō Marama is valid for 12 months.
- Clinician $50 (Dental specialist, Dentist, Dental therapist/hygienist, Dental technician)
- Non-clinician $50 (Dental Assistant, Dental administrator, Oral Health Promoter/Educator, Researcher, other health professional/worker or other)
- Honorary Life Member no fee
- Kuia, Kaumātua no fee
- Student Member no fee